As you purchase the Mediacom modem-router combo on your house community, which delivers Mediacom internet companies to each internet-enabled wifi system in your family, you could have to instantly change your default Mediacom WiFi password. Retaining the unique passphrase would be the chink within the armor that an opportunistic hacker is searching for.
All of us are likely to steadily change and preserve hard-to-guess credentials for our social media and different online companies, however typically overlook the credentials of our in-home WiFi community. That’s when a hacker strikes.
It’s not that troublesome for a tech-savvy particular person. Notably, who operates on the fallacious aspect of the legislation, to guess your router’s default password. With a sly exploitative approach and software program, the hacker can achieve entry to your router and reconfigure it to disable its firewall, which can go away your system susceptible to malicious malware and viruses.
Due to this fact, altering your default WiFi password and guaranteeing that the login credentials are modified steadily — as soon as in 90 days or so — might prevent the potential agony of a cyber threat.
With Mediacom Web, you may enter the Mediacom House Community Supervisor app that lets you handle your house community and its settings – change your Mediacom WiFi password, arrange and administer the community, and configure Port Forwarding.
To alter the Mediacom WiFi password:
1. Go to Mediacom’s House community Supervisor: https://homewifi.mediacomcable.com/
2. Login together with your Username and Passphrase (password).
Your given ‘Username’ could begin with the letter ‘e’ or ‘w’ as per the service tower assigned to you; the letter is adopted by a 3-digit unit quantity, after which adopted by ‘regency’. For instance, your Username can appear to be, e457regency or w789regency. Your ‘Passphrase’ can be ‘mediacom16’.
3. In case the password isn’t working otherwise you forgot it, click on ‘Forgot your Passphrase?’ Mediacom will ship a brand new passphrase to your electronic mail ID, which you used to arrange your Mediacom internet account.
4. After logging into the House Community Supervisor, you’ll attain the principle Management Panel web page. From the panel on the left aspect of the web page, select the choice “My Wifi Community”.
5. Now click on “WiFi” and it’ll reveal your present “Community Title (SSID)” and “Passphrase” on the suitable aspect of the web page.
6. Change your Mediacom Community Title (SSID) and Passphrase
7. After you’re completed, click on the “Save” button that you will notice on the highest proper of the web page following the implementation of the latest data.
So, now you may have your new Mediacom WiFi credentials. Make sure that your password is just not straightforward to guess and is simply disclosed to the trusted few.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
change Mediacom WiFi password?
- Go to Mediacom’s House community Supervisor: https://homewifi.mediacomcable.com/.
- Log in together with your Username and Passphrase.
- Select the choice “My Wifi Community” from the Management Panel web page.
- Click on ‘WiFi’ and alter your Mediacom Community Title (SSID) and Passphrase and save.
How typically should I change my Mediacom password?
Make sure that the login credentials are modified once in 90 days or 3 months to keep away from threats.